Followers

Friday, August 5, 2022

24 births

  "Once upon a time, sage Vaamadeva was wandering about in his supreme state of gnana,

immersed as he was in Brahmananda, quite detatched from all touch of worldliness. When he was

passing through a dense forest, a Brahmaraakshasa attacked him with the intent of devouring him.

The moment the latter touched the the sage's body he was uplifted from the miserable state of

existence and at once the memory of his previous existences dawned in him. So he bowed to the

sage and said:

"Swami, I was a king in one of my previous lives. Then I was blinded by pride of wealth and lust.

I enjoyed sex pleasures with all kinds of women - be they poor or rich and of every caste or social

status. The people of my land feared that their women were not safe in my realm and so migrated to

other parts of the land along with their families. I died after some time and suffered untold torments

in hell along with the spirits of my ancestors. When the sufferings I was due to experience with my

subtle body were through, I again took twenty four births on earth in different forms. The sequence of

my births was: a 

  1. tiger, 
  2. python, 
  3. wolf, 
  4. pig, 
  5. dog, 
  6. fox, 
  7. stag, 
  8. wild 
  9. foul, 
  10. monkey, 
  11. mangoose, 
  12. crow, 
  13. bear, 
  14. cock, 
  15. cat, 
  16. don
  17. key, 
  18. frog, 
  19. tortoise, 
  20. fish, 
  21. bandi
  22. koot, 
  23. owl and 
  24. elephant. 
In my twenty fifth birth which is the present, I have become a Brahmaraakshasa. Having reaped the full

consequences of my evil acts, I have contacted you now and thereby gained this noble transformation. 

The ancient saying 'The religious merit of seeing sages is great; that their touch is destructive of sin' is

now confirmed in my case. Now, noble Sir, please tell me, what is the cause of present transformation 

and uplift ?" The sage replied, 'My son, owing to contact with the sacred ash on my body, you have 

gained the knowledge of your previous existences. This ash was bestowed on me by Lord Shiva 

Himself. The power of the holy ash is indeed unimaginable. 

https://freeglobaluniversity.blogspot.com/search/label/Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels