Followers

Friday, August 5, 2022

Seven Rebirths

Sree Guru beckoned to a low-born man who was passing that away, drew eight lines on his body with sacred ash and said, 'Tell me who you were!'. The man at once attained knowledge of his existence seven lives earlier and said: 'Lord, 

  1. in the first of these lives, I was a hillman named Maatanga. 
  2. In the second, I was a hunter named Raavana. 
  3. In the third, I was named Gaangeya. 
  4. In the fourth, I was a farmer. 
  5. In the fifth, I was a caste-merchant named Somadatta. 
  6. In the sixth life, I was a Kshatriya (ie., of the warrior caste) named Govardhana Varma. 
  7. In the seventh, I was a brahmin and I had thoroughly learned the vedas and sastras (or sacred laws)'. 
Then Sree Guru sprinkled sacred ash on his body and said, 'If you indeed were a vedic scholar, may you vanquish these brahmins in a scholarly debate!'  The visitors were amazed at and scared by this miracle and the power of the Master that could work it in a wink. They submitted to Sree Guru, sought his refuge and craved to be spiritually uplifted

https://www.google.com/search?q=Seven+Rebirths 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels